Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Village Clerk's Office


Where do I get a dog, hunting, or marriage license?


Dog, hunting, and marriage licenses are issued in the Town of Richland Clerk's Office in the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse at 1 Bridge Street. You can contact the Town Clerk at 315-298-5174, ext. 22.   


Where do I register to vote for Village Elections?


You can obtain a mail-in voter registration form from the Oswego County Board of Elections by calling 315-349-8350 or 315-349-8351, or you can click this link and downnloand a Voter Registration Form or in you can register in person at the Board of Elections located in Oswego, NY at 185 E. Seneca Street.  Mail-in registration forms are also available at the Pulaski Village Clerk's Office, 4917 Jefferson Street.


When is the village election held and where do I go to vote?


Village elections are always the third Tuesday in March, except when it falls on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, which pushes it to Wedesday, March 18th.  Voting for Village elections is held in the Floyd T. Carpenter Boardroom of the Snow Memorial Building, 4917 Jefferson Street. 


Where do I report a non-working streetlight ?


Non-working street lights may be reported at the Village Clerk's Office, 4917 Jefferson Street, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or by calling 315-298-2622.  You may also email the Village Clerk at  Be sure to report the pole# and street name where the non-working streetlight is located.  Please note that streetlights are repaired by National Grid and can take up to 30 days to be fixed.


When are Village tax bills due and how do I obtain copies of my property tax payments?


Village tax bills are due, without penalty, from June 1 through July 1.  Village tax receipts can be obtained from the Village Clerk's Office by contacting 315-298-2622.  Tax receipts are automatically sent to property owners whose taxes are escrowed.


Is there a notary public in the Village Clerk's Office?   


There are two notary publics available in the Village Clerk's Office during normal business hours, Monday - Friiday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Where can I obtain information concerning upcoming community events planned for Pulaski and the surrounding area? 


View our community Calendar of Events or contact the Chamber of Commerce at 315-298-2213.


How can I add an item to the agenda for discussion at a Village Board Meeting?  In accordance with the Rules of Procedures for Village Board of Trustees Meetings adopted April 13, 2009,you must contact the Village Clerk at 315-298-2622 to request that a specific matter be placed on the Agenda.


A "Public Comment Period" is a standard item on the every regularly-scheduled Village Board Meeting Agenda, which provides the public with the opportunity to address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.  Residents are encouraged to attend Village Board Meetings and provide input on current issues and address the Board on new issues during this public session.





When is yard waste picked up?


Yard waste is picked up on the first and third Tuesday or Wednesday of each month from April through November.  See complete details under the Trash, Recyclables & Yard Waste page.


What day of the week is trash collected?  What day are recyclables picked up?


Trash and recyclable pickup is on Thursdays of each week.  For complete information visit the Trash & Recylable page of this website.


Where are village trash stickers sold?


Official village trash stickers are sold at Deaton's, Kinney Drugs, Nice & Easy, P&C Food Markets, and Sun-Up Foods.


Who should clear sidewallks of snow and ice?

Sidewalks are the responsibility of the property owner. Please remember,do not deposit the snow and ice onto the roadways as this creates a safety hazard as well as slows the efforts of the Public Works Department to clear the streets.


Police Department


When is there someone at the Police Station?


The Police Chief is in the Station Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  There are Police Officers working 24 hours a day, but they are usually on patrol and not in the Station.


How do I get in contact with the Chief of Police?


Persons can see the Police Chief at the Pulaski Station Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., call him at 315-298-7525 or email him at



How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report or Accident Report?


Respond to the Pulaski Police Department Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. 


At what age can I take my child out of their car seat?


Children under 4 years of age must be seated in a Federally Approved Child Safety Seat attached to the car with a seat belt.


Who must be buckled in a vehicle?


All front seat occupants and all passengers under 16 years of age anywhere in the car.


Village History


When was Pulaski incorporated?


The Village of Pulaski was incorporataed April 26, 1832.


How did Pulaski get its name?


The Village was named in 1820 after General Count Casimir Pulaski, a Polish revolutionary and aide to General Washington. 


For more village history information contact Mary Lou Morrow, Village Historian at 315-298-5235 or  You may also contact Terry Rossman, President of the Pulaski Historical Society located at 3428 Maple Avenue, Pulaski, NY 13142 at 298-4650 or

© 2014 Village Of Pulaski, Oswego County
Website Contact: Michele A Cusyck
4917 Jefferson Street
PO Box 227
Pulaski, NY 13142
Phone: 315-298-2622
Fax: 315-298-5274
Website: /
Printed On July 27, 2014